- The IMF has celebrated its 21st birthday
- The NTMSG has celebrated its 15th anniversary
- There are now many drugs and combination of drugs available for the treatment of Myeloma
- Spearheaded by the IMF, many states have approved the Oral Drug parity bill
- Human DNA has been documented
- There are now many who are living with Myeloma for 20+ years
- Space Shuttle program has been retired
- Watson (a super computer) has won Jeopardy
- I am able to send this blog entry from an inflight WIFI
Some of the things I am looking to report from the 54th American Society of Annual Meeting and Exposition in Atlanta, GA include:
- The IMF Satellite Symposium on "Controversies in MM: Current Debate in Optimal Care"
- The IMWG Education Session on Keeping Pace with Advances in Myeloma
- The IMF senior and junior Grant Awards
- Having 1:1 session with the giants of Myeloma research and treatment
- Getting answers to questions I brought from my NTMSG members and
- As well as the many Oral and Poster sessions.
Remembering all those we lost to Myeloma, I and the 10 other support group leaders - who are Doctors, Researchers, Advocates, Successful Business People, Bloggers, Teachers - expect to bring and share our experiences and learning from this year's ASH.
Sharing the Hope!
Yelak from North Texas Myeloma Support Group