I was diagnosed in July 001. Treated with velcade and dexamthazone until November when Revlimid was added. An autologus stem cell transplant was performed in 011. Recovery was slow. In May Revlimid was added again. by Feb 012 my numbers began to increase slightly. I was due for a BMT in June but I insisted on having performed in March. It showed that the numbers were definiely increasing.
So what now? I am very concern about having another stemcell transplant using stem cells harvested for the first transplant. Is there no way to determine the % stem cells harvested previously are cincerous?
Why will the result of the second transplant be different from the first transplant?
I was first DX 5/2002 AUTOTRANSPLANT 3/2003 Relapse 10/2011 RVD 11/2011 12/21/2011 M-Spikes down to zero and no myeloma issues. Was sent to Stanford by Kaiser for a transplant cosultatation. I was told I have no CRAB issues and my lesion were minimal and why do I think I was there. I said maybe I should allow for the Noval agents to do it job since I'm in early stage relape. Stage1A. As of 4/2012 I've been taken off all maintenance. I'm just on aredia to rebuild my bones. Did I make the right decision?
Please email me at email@example.com with a way for the hotline to get in touch.
IMF Web Editor
Thank you for your questions; please call in to the IMF Hotline 800 452-2873 to best address these issues.