Here’s an elegant way to build awareness about myeloma and raise money in your community. It's easy, it's fun, and the International Myeloma Foundation helps you all along the way. Here's how:YOU
- Decide date choices and inform IMF.
- Identify a local hotel, restaurant or other venue to accommodate a High Tea.
- Contacts and negotiates contract with Banquet Director at venue.
- Works with venue and organizers as needed for contract and banquet facilitation.
- Works with venue re audio-visual needs, if necessary.
- Identify Committee members. Ask them to submit names and addresses for their circleof friends/family members to one person who will compile them and be in charge of the master mailing list.
- Schedule committee planning meetings as needed.
- Secure raffle items from local vendors. Order raffle tickets to be printed and include them in the invitation
- Designs and prints invitations, RSVP cards and envelopes with the teacup logo (see above) and sends them to you.
- Helps with raffle tickets if needed.
- Set date for an invitation stuffing party.
- Mail out invitations and follow up with guests who forget to RSVP.
- Reimburses your postage for invitations.
- Provides a personal event web page on IMF web site with direct link.
- Choose menu and place banquet orders for linens, etc. (IMF will assist as needed.)
- Order floral centerpieces and arrange for delivery to venue.
- Complete table seating and place cards.
- Bring raffle items and place cards to venue day of event.
- Set up on day of event and have fun!
- Assists in obtaining special guest speaker.
- Provides printed educational materials, as needed, for day of event.
See? Easy Peasy. If you would like to host a tea, contact Suzanne Battaglia at SBattaglia@myeloma.org or call her at 800-452-2873 for more information.
And for your viewing pleasure, here is a report from "A Tea in DC," the second annual Afternoon Tea hosted by Carol Klein and Nancy Moses.