Do Good. Feel Good. FUNdraising.
IMF has published a comprehensive “How-to-FUNdraise” guide. If you’re thinking about fundraising in your community, but don’t know where to start, this guide will give you the “A to Z” of fundraising ideas, and other helpful suggestions.
Four Easy Steps to a Sucessful FUNdraiser:
- Set a financial goal.
- Decide which fundraising activity will work for you.
- Select a start and end date for your fundraiser.
- Call the IMF to help you organize and implement your plans.
Some suggested FUNdraisers:
- Individual Activities
- Create a letter writing campaign.
- Solicit donations in celebration of an event, i.e., birthday, graduation, anniversary, etc.
- Hold a garage/yard/tag sale or a brunch/luncheon/dinner and raffle a special prize.
- Group Activities
- Sporting Events
Plan a bike/swim/run/walk-a-thon/tennis/golf/sporting tournament
Organize a Day at the Races
- Corporate Participation
Seek matching funds/donations
- Activities Involving Organizations (i.e., Church, Club, Little League)
Host a bake sale/car wash/dinner/fashion show/holiday boutique/white elephant sale/craft sale
Plan a tour of historic houses
Host a Monte Carlo night or comedy night
Call the Chamber of Commerce in your community for a list of organizations who might be willing to help raise funds or donate goods or services for raffles.
From a day of beauty to a walk in the clouds, from yard sales to concerts, IMFers are creating fun days to raise money to help support the important groundbreaking work that the IMF is doing in both research and education. To see what ideas others have come up with, or to find out what's happening in your community, check out our current FUNdraisers.
Please call Suzanne Battaglia at (800) 452-2873 or send an email to SBattaglia@myeloma.org. She is happy to answer any questions and offer suggestions about how you might like to participate. And when you call, don't forget to ask her about the new IMF "how-to-fundraise" guide.