IMF Returns to Atlanta for Patient & Family Seminar!
We are pleased to announce that the Atlanta Patient & Family Seminar has been rescheduled for March 8-9, 2002. This seminar was originally scheduled for September 21-22, 2001, but was postponed in the wake of the September 11th tragedy. Those members who were signed up for the original date and who opted NOT to receive a refund in September are currently registered for the new March date. (You will receive a new confirmation letter. Please contact us if you are not able to attend in March.) If you were signed up for the September meeting and received a refund, but wish to attend the Seminar, you will need to re-register. All others interested in attending this informative Patient & Family Seminar are encouraged to register online or by calling the IMF at (800) 452-CURE.
Invited faculty include:
- Dr. Ken Anderson - Dana Farber Cancer Center
- Dr. Bart Barlogie - Univ. of Arkansas
- Dr. Brian Durie - Cedars-Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dr. Tom Heffner - The Emory Clinic
- Dr. Robert Kyle - Mayo Clinic
- Dr. David Roodman - Univ. of Pittsburgh
- Dr. David Vesole - Medical College of Wisconsin
Agenda items include:
- Myeloma 101
- Standard Therapy
- Complications of Bone Disease
- Novel Therapies
- High Dose Therapy
- Role of Thalidomide Therapy
- Research Update from Little Rock
Please note that the faculty and agenda are subject to change.