Advocacy is more than just understanding the issues. To make a difference, you have to make your voice heard. The involvement of myeloma patients and their caregivers is vital to the success of IMF’s grassroots efforts. To assist you in your advocacy activities, IMF provides the Advocacy Toolkit. It contains material to assist myeloma advocates in developing collaborative strategies to educate legislators on topical issues affecting patients.
The toolkit includes the following information:
- Advocacy Programs and Resources
- Building Relationships with Your Legislators
- Communicating with Your Legislator
- Visiting Your Legislators
- Ten Rules for Congressional Visits
- Do's and Don'ts in Government Relations
- Template Advocacy Letter
Click on the PDF tab above to view and/or download the full Toolkit.