Winter 2012/2013 Volume 9, Issue 4:
Myeloma Today Winter 2012/2013
- Proteasome Inhibitors in Clinical Trials
- Is there a recommended diet for cancer patients?
- Strategies for Pain Management in Myeloma
- Dear Reader: I sometimes like to pause during a busy day and take stock of how much has changed since the first time I heard the word myeloma over 22 years ago.
- Special Event: Donor Appreciation Event
- Scientific & Clinical: "Proteasome Inhibitors in Clinical Trials [Kyprolis + Dex vs Velcade +Dex]" - Myeloma Today in conversation with Dr. Robert Z. Orlowski
- Scientific & Clinical: Medical Updates
- Promising results increase chances of early pomalidomide approval
- Should myeloma patients get a flu shot? If so, which one?
- IMWG researcher shows that FISH data enhance the value of ISS staging
- MGUS research update
- Velcade SQ approved for myeloma in the European Union
- Scientific & Clinical: "Proteasome Inhibitors in Clinical Trials [MLN9708]" - Myeloma Today in conversation with Dr. Sagar Lonial
- Supportive Care: IMF Hotline Coordinators Answer Your Questions - "Is there a recommended diet for cancer patients?"
- Nurse Leadership Board:
- "Strategies for Pain Management in Myeloma" by Sandra Kurtin, RN, MS, AOCN, ANP-C
- NLB member Joseph Tariman, PhD, recognized as 2012 Nurse of the Year
- Education and Awareness: Spotlight on Advocacy
- Upcoming Teleconference: "A Cancer Patient’s Guide to the Affordable Care Act (ACA)"
- "Update on ACA Implementation: What’s New and What’s Next?" by Johanna Gray
- "Missouri Advocates Shine Through Postcards for Parity" by Aimee Martin
- "The Healthcare Landscape in the Aftermath of the 2012 Elections"
- The IMF Advocacy Voice: Get Fired Up! Raise Your Voice! Get Out There and Take Action!
- How to contact the IMF Advocacy Team
- International Affiliates: Updates from Around the Globe
- Report from Turkey by Nadia Elkebir
- Report from Korea by Lisa Paik and Arin Assero
- Patient & Caregiver Experience: Myeloma Today in conversation with Steven Miro
- Member Events - IMFers Raise Funds to Benefit Myeloma Community:
- A Tribute to Dominik Zuchowicz
- Glenda Hinson Memorial Fund
- Premier Designs Jewelry Show
- Mail for the Cure
- The Great Cell Phone Drive
- Vehicle Donation
- IMF Staff Updates:
- Nadia Elkebir named
Director Southern Europe & the Middle East
- Nancy Bruno named
Southeast Regional Director, Support Groups
- Sue Enright named
Midwest Regional Director, Support Groups
- Andy Lebkuecher retires as Regional Co-Director, Support Groups Southeast
- 2013 IMF Calendar of Events
- Letters to the IMF