State of the States
A First Quarter Look at our Progress for Equal Access
- Delaware - HB 265 passed both chambers, awaiting Governor’s signature. Urge him to sign HB265
- Maryland – Governor O’Malley signed HB243 into law on April 9th, 2012.
- Virginia – On April 5th Governor McDonnell signed SB 450/HB1273.
- Nebraska – Oral Chemotherapy Access legislation will take effect October 10th, 2012.
- Hawaii – Updated their oral chemotherapy parity law to prohibit insurers from increasing IV therapy out-of-pocket costs for patients in trying to reach parity.
- Michigan – Help us get SB 540/541 out of the Health Policy Committee who will be voting as soon as next week.
- Ohio - Sen. Kevin Bacon still will not hold hearings for SB194! Ask your legislator to help schedule a hearing today.
Don’t see information about Oral Chemotherapy Parity Legislation in your state? Head over to the Action Center to see what’s happening.
Postcards for Parity
We are excited to launch a new advocacy program to educate and engage our communities in the fight for equal access to treatment. We are asking you to help us collect postcards signed by your friends and family that we will send in bulk to educate your federal legislators on this critical legislation. This is a simple way your friends and family can support myeloma patients across the country.
We need advocates across the country to help us reach our goal of 2000 postcards for legislators by August. If you would like to participate in our Postcards for Parity Program please email or call Aimee Martin at 818-487-7455.
Help Us, Help You
If you or someone you know is having trouble getting their oral chemo treatments, we are working for you across the country and need your stories.
We are looking for privately insured (not Medicare) patients who have had a difficult time accessing oral treatments due to the high out of pocket co pays associated with those treatments to share their stories. If you would like to get involved, please email email@example.com
Recent Advocacy Articles