The International Myeloma Foundation is leading a campaign calling on Congress to retain a sharp focus on critical elements of health reform. Essential issues of immediate importance to patients should not be lost in partisan battles:
- Affordable access to basic and catastrophic health care coverage for as many Americans as possible.
- The elimination of "pre-existing conditions" as a barrier to health care coverage.
- The elimination of annual and lifetime caps on insurance coverage.
- Closing of the Medicare "donut hole."
- Continued investment in research and innovation to address the needs of those with all deadly diseases.
To show your support for this position, please contact your Congressional Representative and Senators, share these priorities with friends and colleagues, and watch this space for more action items.
Log onto to www.advocacy.myeloma.org and join our efforts!