- FDA Accepts sNDA Filing with Priority Review for VELCADE(R) (bortezomib) for Injection to Treat Second-Line Multiple Myeloma
The submission was based on data from the phase III APEX study comparing VELCADE to high-dose dexamethasone, which demonstrated a statistically significant survival in patients receiving VELCADE. A patient population of approximately 22,000 in the U.S. could potentially benefit from a new second-line treatment option. (from Millennium)
- THE IMF AT ASH
- The IMF and the ICHE will sponsor a Corporate Friday Symposium preceding the 46th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in San Diego, California. The CME-certified symposium, "Controversies in Myeloma Management" will be held December 3, 2004, at 6:00 p.m. You can pre-register online.
- IMF Chairman Brian G.M. Durie, MD, will speak on Osteonecrosis of the Jaws in Myeloma: Time Dependent Correlation with Aredia and Zometa Use
Tuesday, December 7, 2004 at 8:30 a.m.
- Two Special Editions of CITINGS, our quarterly publication on the most up-to-date information on research advances and new therapies, have been published for ASH 2004.
- We will be taping our webcast from ASH, and it will be available online next week at ash.myeloma.org.
Leading Internet Retailers Donate Portion of Sales to IMF
It's that time of year, and no matter what holiday you celebrate, it's a good bet that gifts and travel are going to be involved. Whether you are planning to spend a little or a lot, why not take some of the commercialism out of the holidays by doing some serious good every time you shop? Many of the internet's most popular merchantsplaces you would patronize anywaywill donate a portion of your purchases to the IMF if you enter their sites using the links on our Shop For The IMF page or the special links below.
- Holiday Wine Vests
Just in time for the holidays, IMFer Caethe Goetz has created these adorable vests for wine bottles. A portion of each sale will be donated to the IMF.
- Michael Tuohy's CD of his Song "I'm Not Leavin'"
Michael Tuohy wrote this uplifting song for his two young children to reassure them that he would win his battle with cancer. There are two versions on the CD, on one there is a gentle acoustic version and on the other Michael rocks. 100% of the proceeds of this CD are being donated to the IMF.
- The Multiple Myeloma Awareness Bracelet
IMFer Kristi Difford makes these beautiful custom bracelets to grace the wrists of those who have joined the struggle against Multiple Myeloma.
- The Catlett Card Series
The Catlett Cards are designed by Irma Catlett in memory of her husband Lou. All proceeds go to support the programs of the IMF.
Help Us Help Others...
As a non-profit organization, the IMF is completely dependent on the support of our members. Tax-deductible donations in honor of a friend or family member make great gifts and are a wonderful way to celebrate a special occasion. You can donate online or by calling the IMF at (800) 452-CURE. We sincerely thank you for your support.
View Back Issues Online...
New to the IMF Myeloma Minute? See what you've been missing by viewing previous issues online!
To unsubscribe from the Myeloma Minute, click here
If a friend forwarded this Minute to you, why not get your own subscription? It's free. Click here to subscribe.
Tell A Friend...
The Myeloma Minute is a great way to stay abreast of the latest developments within the myeloma community. We hope you'll share this information with friends, family members and physicians and encourage them to sign up for their own copy by forwarding this message. New users can register by clicking here.