VELCADE® (bortezomib) for Injection is an antineoplastic agent available for intravenous injection (IV) use only. It has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of myeloma.
Questions and answers about VELCADE® (bortezomib) for Injection for healthcare professionals.
Click here to view the brochure for health care professions.
Mechanism of Action Video
Illustrates how VELCADE® (bortezomib) forInjection works. Click here to view.
- Velcade® Improves Survival Over Dexamethasone in Recurrent Multiple Myeloma
Researchers concluded that Velcade is superior to high-dose dexamethasone for patients with recurrent multiple myeloma in terms of cancer progression and overall survival.
June 20, 2005
- New England Journal of Medicine Publishes Studies of VELCADE® (bortezomib) for Injection in Multiple Myeloma and MLN02 in Ulcerative Colitis
The first publication reports results from the phase III APEX study which showed VELCADE was superior in survival, time to disease progression, and response rates compared to standard of care, high-dose dexamethasone, in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma (MM).
June 16, 2005
- Two New Studies in the British Journal of Haematology Show Potential Role of VELCADE® (Bortezomib) for Injection in Treating Patients with Front-Line Multiple Myeloma
High Complete and Near Complete Response Rates Achieved Alone and in Combination; Subsequent Stem Cell Harvest and Transplants Successful
- VELCADE® (Bortezomib) for Injection Data Show a Significant Improvement In Survival in Patients With Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
Risk of death in first year reduced by an estimated 30 percent in the VELCADE® arm.
June 5, 2004
- VELCADE® (Bortezomib) for Injection Shows Promising Activity in Two Phase II Studies of Patients with Previously Untreated Multiple Myeloma
June 6, 2004
- New Front-Line Data at ASCO in Multiple Myeloma Support Important Role of VELCADE® (bortezomib) for Injection
Market-leading drug in relapsed setting also benefits high-risk patients
May 17, 2005
- FDA Approves VELCADE® for Multiple Myeloma Treatment
May 13, 2003
VELCADEï¿½ Patient Information Materials
VELCADEï¿½ Clinical Trials
Millennium's Web Site